ground space contract Conditions
1. The Ground Space Contract, signed by the Exhibitor, must be in the hands of the Secretary of the North Queensland Field Days Incorporated Association (hereinafter referred to as the Secretary and the Association) by the 30th March 2018.
2. The North Queensland Field Days Incorporated Association shall not be held liable for the loss of or damage to the Exhibitor's property whilst on the Field Day ground.
3. The Exhibitor will accept the site allocated by the Association but every effort will be made where practical to allocate the desired space to Exhibitors.
4. Except with the written consent of the Secretary previously obtained. the Exhibitor shall not assign or sublet or part with the possession of the whole or any of the space or purport to do so.
5. If the Association shall find it necessary or expedient to cancel or postpone the 2018 Field Days. this contract will cease to operate, upon notice to that effect signed by the Secretary. being served on the Exhibitor. or at the option of the Association by handling or offering it to any person who appears or is thought by the Secretary to be an employee. agent or partner of the Exhibitor and the Association shall not be liable to the Exhibitor for any compensation. whether on the grounds of loss of profits or othewvise in respect of such cancellation or postponement.
6. The Association reserves the right to cancel this contract and to retain all moneys paid in relation hereto if there is in the opinion of the Secretary or other person appointed by the Association any infringement of any of the conditions and/or if the Exhibitor does not occupy the space at the commencement of and during the full period of the said Field Days.
7. Exhibitors shall conform with the requirements of any Act of Parliament. which may govern the erection of structure. the displays and/or sale of machinery and/or other products or goods of the Exhibitor and the Regulations Bylaws and Ordinances made under such Acts. This condition includes the Local and State Government Health Acts and Ordinances and regulations thereto. governing the sale of food and liquor to the general public. Exhibitors may provide light refreshments but must not charge for these. Liquor must not be openly displayed.
8. The Association reserves the right to refuse permission for the erection of any building or structure. or the drilling or digging. or any bore. well or hole. or the positioning of tentage pegs or steel posts or the like. without due regards to the proximity of water and power services on the Field Day grounds. This restriction also includes the dislodgement of any soil or earth by machinery except in the designated earthmoving areas. Infringement of this condition may impair the provision of services to the exhibitors. All costs involved in any repairs to services will be directly recoverable from the exhibitor at fault or their employees. lF lN DOUBT AS TO POSITION OF SERVICES CHECK WITH THE GROUND MARSHALL.
9. The Secretary. or other person appointed by the Association. shall have the power to enter upon the space described. at any time and remove any article. sign. picture, or printed matter. which in his or her opinion. is either not eligible for display or may be the cause of offence.
10. All vehicles not being exhibited. are to be removed from the grounds before 8:30am each day of the Field Days and the Exhibitors will not bring or permit any vehicle to be brought into the grounds between the hours of 8:30am and 5.00pm on the actual Field Days. without the specific permission of the Association.
11. The period of the Field Days is from 8:30am Wednesday 9th May 2018 to 5.00pm on Thursday 10th May 2018 and for the benefit and safety of the pubic. no machinery. vehicles. goods. or other articles displayed. shall be removed from the Exhibitors Ground Space before 5.00pm on either of the said days.
12. The Exhibitor shall not conduct or permit or suffer to be conducted on his space any competition. raffle. art union. game or sale by auction not approved in writing by the Secretary.
13. Exhibitors must have their displays ready no later than 8:30am on the first day of the Field Days and no display shall be dismantled before 5.00pm on the last day of the Field Days.
14. No livestock other than those approved by the Association shall be brought onto the ground.
15. Exhibitors shall not fuel vehicles. tractors and machines within the Field Day Grounds.
16. The dropping of advertising leaflets or other similar material from aircraft over the Field Day site and the display of signs. placards or advertisements in locations other than the space covered by this Contract. is prohibited.
17. The person whose signature appears on the Ground Space Contract is deemed to have read and has agreed to abide by these conditions governing the conduct of the North Queensland Field Days. and hereby declares his authority to sign on behalf of his employers company (if applicable).